Pesce e Pasta - a love for the ages. The delicate and refreshing properties of fish pair beautifully with a simple pomodoro, as well as less traditional cream-based sauces. Our creamy tagliatelle al salmone (salmon tagliatelle) captures all that is great with this combination - the bright, smoky flavour of the succulent fish compliments the simple decadence of a cream and shallot sauce. Paired with fresh, homemade tagliatelle, this easy dish proves a stunning yet uncomplex dinner contender. If you're making tagliatelle from scratch, check out the video below to follow along as Roberta makes tagliatelle.
Our recipe for creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 568 kcal
- 200g of Fresh, handmade tagliatelle
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 150g smoked salmon
- 3 tablespoon of whisky
- 100ml of cream
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Chopped parsley to serve
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- In a large pan heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the thinly sliced shallot. Let this fry over a low heat, shaking the pan often, until translucent.
- Cut the smoked salmon into thin strips and add to the pan and combine.
- Deglaze with whisky.
- Turn off the heat and add the cream.
- Cook your homemade tagliatelle in a large pan of generously salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until ‘al dente’, ensuring to reserve a cup or so of pasta water for later.
- Transfer your tagliatelle directly into the pan with the salmon dressing and mix well over low heat. If you need some extra liquid you can also add a few tablespoons of the cooking water kept aside (this will give your dish a nice glossy finish).
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Buon Appetito!
Our creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle is a gloriously simple dish that yields delectable results. Make sure to tag your creations on social media with #pastaevangelists.
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.
Want even more pasta perks? Subscribers receive new recipes to try each week, with free delivery and 15% off each dish. Subscribers also gain access to exclusive gifts and perks, as well as early access to Pasta Evangelists events and classes. To learn more about our pasta club, see our subscription guide.