Pesce e Pasta - a love for the ages. The delicate and refreshing properties of fish pair beautifully with a simple pomodoro, as well as less traditional cream-based sauces. Our creamy tagliatelle al salmone (salmon tagliatelle) captures all that is great with this combination - the bright, smoky flavour of the succulent fish compliments the simple decadence of a cream and shallot sauce. Paired with fresh, homemade tagliatelle, this easy dish proves a stunning yet uncomplex dinner contender.
Our recipe for creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 568 kcal
- 200g of Fresh, handmade tagliatelle
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 150g smoked salmon
- 3 tablespoon of whisky
- 100ml of cream
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Chopped parsley to serve
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- In a large pan heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the thinly sliced shallot. Let this fry over a low heat, shaking the pan often, until translucent.
- Cut the smoked salmon into thin strips and add to the pan and combine.
- Deglaze with whisky.
- Turn off the heat and add the cream.
- Cook your homemade tagliatelle in a large pan of generously salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until ‘al dente’, ensuring to reserve a cup or so of pasta water for later.
- Transfer your tagliatelle directly into the pan with the salmon dressing and mix well over low heat. If you need some extra liquid you can also add a few tablespoons of the cooking water kept aside (this will give your dish a nice glossy finish).
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Buon Appetito!
Our creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle is a gloriously simple dish that yields delectable results. Make sure to tag your creations on social media with #pastaevangelists.
For an even easier alternative, we deliver restaurant-quality pasta to your door. Browse our weekly menu for a selection of inspired dishes - we’ll even offer you 10% off your first delivery! All you need to do is use the code BLOG10 at checkout.