Here at Pasta Evangelists we love to be experimental with our pesto recipes, particularly as we move towards summer and find an abundance of fresh, seasonal produce available to use! As long as you include the basics, namely Italian cheese and olive oil, you can more or less throw whatever you want into your pesto and the result is bound to be delicious. In today’s recipe we’ve selected wild rocket, or rucola, as the main ingredient for our pasta sauce. The bright green rocket leaves give this pesto a vibrant colour and make for the perfect accompaniment to our delicious radiatori pasta. However, we also love to serve this pesto with long pasta strands such as tagliatelle or bucatini. Keep reading or follow along with the video below to learn to make this delicious and vibrant pesto.
For more pesto inspiration check out our Pesto Hub Page.
Make our Wild Rocket Pesto
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Calories per serving: 466kcal
- 100g fresh rocket
- 40g Parmesan, grated
- 40g Pecorino Romano, thinly sliced
- 50g pine nuts
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Weigh out all of your ingredients and place them one by one into a blender or food processor.
- Firmly close your blender and blitz momentarily until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Don’t blend for too long, as you want your pesto to have a slightly rough, grainy texture.
- Cook about 400g fresh pasta (you can make your own with our helpful recipe guide) in salted water. Once cooked, transfer the pasta to your homemade pesto, tossing it to ensure it all gets coated.
- Sprinkle over a little extra Parmesan. Serve immediately, buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.