Since it’s conception in 2005, the Hugo Spritz has become one of the most popular cocktails around. It originates from the unassuming region of South Tryol, which lies on Italy’s northeastern Alpine border, and has very much taken the world by storm. Whether you’re enjoying newfound freedom at home with friends or you’re lounging on a beach under the Mediterranean sun, the Hugo Spritz will always hit the spot. A delicious combination of Prosecco and elderflower, this is the perfect drink for the long summer evenings stretching ahead of us. Our chef Roberta also loves a Hugo Spritz. Follow along as she makes one in the video below:
Make your own Hugo Spritz
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Calories per serving: 127 kcal
- 15ml elderflower cordial (add a drop more if you prefer your drink a little sweeter)
- 1 glass Prosecco, about 230ml
- 20ml sparkling water, to top
- Handful of ice cubes
- 1 sprig of mint
- ½ lime, thinly sliced
- Place your ice cubes in a large wine glass and add the elderflower cordial.
- Pour in your Prosecco and stir so that the cordial is diluted.
- Top your drink with a drop of sparkling water, to give a nice ‘spritzy’ finish.
- Garnish with a couple of lime slices and the sprig of mint. Serve immediately and enjoy!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.