The humble courgette, or zucchine is a versatile hero of Italian cuisine, appearing in soups, frittatas, side dishes and of course, pasta. In our tagliatelle ai gamberi (prawn tagliatelle) recipe, we enrobe the ‘little squash’ and succulent king prawns in a delightfully creamy sauce. We cut this richness with vibrant lemon zest, resulting in a dynamic and thoughtful bite. Pair this with lovingly handmade tagliatelle, and you’re in for a truly elevated evening meal. You can follow along as Roberta makes tagliatelle in the video below.
Our recipe for prawn tagliatelle - Tagliatelle ai gamberi
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 494kcal
- 200g fresh handmade tagliatelle
- 1 onion
- 1 large courgette
- 200g fresh king prawns
- 100ml single cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- In a large pan heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion and sauté gently, until soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced courgette and cook until soft and slightly translucent, but not overdone.
- Reduce the heat and add the prawns and cream, then cook for two minutes, stirring regularly.
- Boil your fresh tagliatelle in liberally salted water for no more than 3-4 minutes, until al dente. Drain and immediately add to the courgette and prawn mixture.
- Sprinkle in a generous quantity of fresh lemon zest, and toss the pasta in the sauce, allowing a couple of minutes in the pan for the zest to infuse into the cream.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste, then serve and enjoy.
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.
Want even more pasta perks? Subscribers receive new recipes to try each week, with free delivery and 15% off each dish. Subscribers also gain access to exclusive gifts and perks, as well as early access to Pasta Evangelists events and classes. To learn more about our pasta club, see our subscription guide.