The humble courgette, or zucchine is a versatile hero of Italian cuisine, appearing in soups, frittatas, side dishes and of course, pasta. In our tagliatelle ai gamberi (prawn tagliatelle) recipe, we enrobe the ‘little squash’ and succulent king prawns in a delightfully creamy sauce. We cut this richness with vibrant lemon zest, resulting in a dynamic and thoughtful bite. Pair this with lovingly handmade tagliatelle, and you’re in for a truly elevated evening meal.
Our recipe for prawn tagliatelle - Tagliatelle ai gamberi
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 494kcal
- 200g fresh handmade tagliatelle
- 1 onion
- 1 large courgette
- 200g fresh king prawns
- 100ml single cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- In a large pan heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion and sauté gently, until soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced courgette and cook until soft and slightly translucent, but not overdone.
- Reduce the heat and add the prawns and cream, then cook for two minutes, stirring regularly.
- Boil your fresh tagliatelle in liberally salted water for no more than 3-4 minutes, until al dente. Drain and immediately add to the courgette and prawn mixture.
- Sprinkle in a generous quantity of fresh lemon zest, and toss the pasta in the sauce, allowing a couple of minutes in the pan for the zest to infuse into the cream.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste, then serve and enjoy.
A discerning eye may notice that we are great lovers of seafood here at Pasta Evangelists - Lobster, Crab & Prawn Tortelloni with Grissini Crumb, Samphire & Sage Butter is a recurring favourite within our changing weekly menu. Try some of our inspired gourmet dishes for yourself, we’ll even give you 10% off your first delivery. Simply use the code BLOG10 at checkout.