We’ve been craving fresh, spring-like flavours in our cooking recently and after a long day of work there’s nothing better than sitting down to a bowl of nourishing and delicious pasta, especially when it can be thrown together in mere moments. Try our vegan lemon and basil sauce to instantly elevate your dining experience!
Make our Delicious Lemon & Basil Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories per serving: 544 kcal
- 250g fresh tagliatelle (try making your own with our easy recipe guide or follow along as Roberta makes fresh tagliatelle in the video below)
- 100g roasted cashew nuts or pistachio nuts
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ½ lemon, juiced
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Small pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml water
- Sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Combine the nuts, garlic, lemon juice, basil leaves and salt and pepper in a blender. Add a little of the water and blitz the mixture until it forms a paste.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and generously salt it. Cook your fresh tagliatelle as advised on the packet (or for 2 minutes if you’ve made your own).
- Add 1tbsp of the pasta water to your blender and blitz again to loosen the sauce.
- Put your sauce in a large bowl and transfer the pasta to the sauce when cooked.
- Sprinkle over the sun-dried tomatoes and toss the pasta, sauce and tomatoes together until each strand is thoroughly coated.
- Top with a scattering of grated vegan cheese or Parmesan (if you’re not vegan) and serve immediately. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.