This gooey, cheese-filled pasta bake is one of our favourite recipes to whip up for a quick but delicious meal. The tubes of rigatoni are the perfect vessels for catching every last morsel of sauce and the delicious cheese topping is an indulgent treat. Try our super easy recipe today.
Make Our Tasty Rigatoni Pasta Bake
Prep Time: 1 hour
Calories per serving: 603kcal
- 500g Rigatoni
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 450g minced beef
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan, fry the onions in about 2tbsp olive oil until they begin to soften. Add the crushed garlic and stir together to ensure the garlic doesn’t burn. Add another tbsp olive oil to the pan and add in the beef mince. Cook over a medium heat until the meat has browned.
- Add a little salt and pepper along with the tins of tomatoes and the tomato purée. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add your rigatoni, and cook until al dente.
- Drain your pasta and transfer to the pan with the sauce. Toss to fully coat your rigatoni before transferring the contents of the pan into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 200°C (180°C fan) for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle over the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake for a final 10 minutes, until the cheese has turned golden brown and is beginning to crispen up. Plate and serve. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.