Chocolate might just be the universal language of love, so we’ve teamed up with our lovely friends at Ombar this Valentine’s to bring you our chef Roberta’s wonderful Tortino al Cioccolato recipe. We can’t help but think that this is the ultimate way to show someone how much you love them. Our indulgent chocolate dessert is the crème de la crème of romantic gestures and is sure to set the perfect vibe this Valentine’s Day.
As ever, we’ve taken inspiration from authentic Italian culinary traditions with this carefully crafted tortino al cioccolato. With an oozing heart of melted, chocolatey bliss, this gooey soufflé is a most enchanting dolce and one that is made con amore (with love).
The choice of Ombar’s Hazelnut Truffle Chocolate is simply sublime. The rich flavour of the organic hazelnuts - picked from the groves in the beautiful Nebrodi mountains of Sicily - shines throughout. The aromas emanating from the kitchen, as the tortino al cioccolato bake, will prove too much temptation to resist, so we invite you to dive right in...
We've got an extra treat for you today, use our exclusive code PASTA20% at http://www.ombar.com/ to save 20% on your order*! What could be sweeter than that?
Make our Tortino al Cioccolato
Calories per serving: 662 kcal
- 150g Ombar Hazelnut Truffle Chocolate
- 20g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- ½ glass (about 100ml) of milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- Small pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease two soufflé dishes with the 20g butter, using a pastry brush or piece of kitchen roll, and sprinkle them with about 30g of sugar, shaking out any excess that doesn’t stick.
- Roughly chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt it in a bain-marie with the milk, stirring until they have combined. Then, remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled, separate the egg yolks from the whites (do not dispose of the whites, you’ll need them again shortly) and add the yolks to the chocolate, mixing them carefully together.
- Whisk the egg whites with a small pinch of salt and the remaining sugar until they are glossy and the mixture has doubled in volume, though be careful not to over-whisk them.
- Now add the egg whites to the chocolate and egg yolk mixture, folding them gently together with a spatula until they are nicely combined.
- Divide this mixture into the prepared soufflé dishes, filling them so that the mixture sits about 1cm below the rim of the mould.
- Bake the soufflés in the oven for 15 minutes, they should rise above the top of the dish. Serve with cream or ice cream and tuck in immediately, buon appetito!
Roberta’s Serving Suggestion: Enjoy with fresh Italian fior di latte ice cream for the ultimate taste of indulgence.
*Code limited to one use per customer and will expire on April 8th 2021.
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.
Want even more pasta perks? Join our Pasta Club for free delivery and 15% off each dish. Pasta Club members also gain access to exclusive gifts and perks, as well as early access to Pasta Evangelists events and classes. Learn more about our pasta club today.