This dish is the food-lover’s equivalent of an Amalfi sunset. The enchanting Amalfi coast, which runs along much of Italy’s western shoreline, is a popular destination for holidaymakers. In the summer months, the region’s charming towns become flooded with bikini-clad beach-goers and Instagram feeds are filled with stunning scenes, often depicting the sun sinking into a glistening turquoise ocean, leaving behind a sky streaked with dusky pink clouds. For us, this dish is a delicious retelling of that iconic image. Fresh Amalfi lemons meet soft strands of spaghetti, combined in a rich and creamy sauce. Served with fiery pink peppercorns, this dish is evocative of summer in all its glory.
Make our Delicious Spaghetti al Limone
Prep time: 1 hour
Calories per serving: 458 kcal
- 400g fresh spaghetti (make your own using our fresh pasta guide)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 250ml double cream
- 75g butter
- Salt and freshly ground pink peppercorns to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- If you’re making your spaghetti from scratch, make sure you have the right attachment for your pasta machine and prepare your strands before you start on the sauce.
- Take a large pan or skillet and place it over medium heat. Add the butter and gently heat until fully melted. Next, add the lemon juice and zest and continue to cook until fragrant - allow enough time here for the zest to infuse, rendering the butter deliciously lemony.
- Reduce the heat a little and add the cream to the mixture. Stir until well combined. Taste and season accordingly with salt and pepper. Be cautious not to overheat the sauce or the cream may separate.
- Whilst your sauce cooks, heat a pan of generously salted water. When boiling, add your fresh spaghetti. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until al dente. Once cooked, drain the pasta, reserving a little of the starchy cooking water, about half a cup in measurement.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan with the lemon sauce, and gently toss to combine. Add as much pasta water as is needed to create a glossy sauce that clings to the spaghetti.
- Once fully coated, plate your pasta, and top with a generous smattering of Parmigiano Reggiano. Sprinkle over a few whole pink peppercorns and garnish with a small number of fresh basil leaves. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.