Pesce e Pasta is a much documented love affair in Italian cuisine, and a pairing that resides at the heart of this fish ravioli recipe. Our smoked salmon & ricotta ravioli marries the fresh and smoky flavour of the succulent fish with creamy and mild ricotta cheese, and bright lemon and chives, all encased in a rich, handmade egg pasta raviolo shell. Finished with a light gloss of lemon and dill butter, our salmon ravioli is a true toast to this classic combination.
Our salmon ravioli recipe with ricotta, lemon & dill butter
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 699kcal
For the filling
- 250g smoked salmon, minced
- 450g ricotta
- 1 lemon, zested
- Chives to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the ravioli
- For all you need to know, simply follow our recipe for homemade ravioli
For the sauce
- 100g butter
- Small handful of dill, finely chopped
- Zest of one small lemon
- Salt & black pepper to season
To make your ravioli
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your smoked salmon, ricotta cheese, chives, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir well to ensure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Cover the mixture and place in the refrigerator to firm up, for approximately an hour.
- You’re now ready to transform your mixture into delicious ravioli - to do so, simply follow our step-by-step guide to making fresh ravioli here.
To make the lemon & dill butter
- Remove the butter from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature on the counter.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Grate the lemon zest. Chef’s tip: It’s important not to apply too much pressure when grating the lemon; the distinct flavour and aroma comes from the yellow rind, not the white, bitter pith underneath.
- Add the dill and zest to the butter, then season with salt and black pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place the ingredients in a large pan and gently heat until melted and fragrant.
- Once cooked, transfer the pasta to the butter. Toss gently to coat, leaving your pasta with an enticing, glossy finish. To serve, scatter a touch of Parmigiano Reggiano. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.
Want even more pasta perks? Subscribers receive new recipes to try each week, with free delivery and 15% off each dish. Subscribers also gain access to exclusive gifts and perks, as well as early access to Pasta Evangelists events and classes. To learn more about our pasta club, see our subscription guide.