Pesce e Pasta is a much documented love affair in Italian cuisine, and a pairing that resides at the heart of this fish ravioli recipe. Our smoked salmon & ricotta ravioli marries the fresh and smoky flavour of the succulent fish with creamy and mild ricotta cheese, and bright lemon and chives, all encased in a rich, handmade egg pasta raviolo shell. Finished with a light gloss of lemon and dill butter, our salmon ravioli is a true toast to this classic combination.
Our salmon ravioli recipe with ricotta, lemon & dill butter
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 699kcal
For the filling
- 250g smoked salmon, minced
- 450g ricotta
- 1 lemon, zested
- Chives to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the ravioli
- For all you need to know, simply follow our recipe for homemade ravioli
For the sauce
- 100g butter
- Small handful of dill, finely chopped
- Zest of one small lemon
- Salt & black pepper to season
To make your ravioli
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your smoked salmon, ricotta cheese, chives, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir well to ensure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Cover the mixture and place in the refrigerator to firm up, for approximately an hour.
- You’re now ready to transform your mixture into delicious ravioli - to do so, simply follow our step-by-step guide to making fresh ravioli here.
To make the lemon & dill butter
- Remove the butter from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature on the counter.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Grate the lemon zest. Chef’s tip: It’s important not to apply too much pressure when grating the lemon; the distinct flavour and aroma comes from the yellow rind, not the white, bitter pith underneath.
- Add the dill and zest to the butter, then season with salt and black pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place the ingredients in a large pan and gently heat until melted and fragrant.
- Once cooked, transfer the pasta to the butter. Toss gently to coat, leaving your pasta with an enticing, glossy finish. To serve, scatter a touch of Parmigiano Reggiano. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.
Want even more pasta perks? Subscribers receive new recipes to try each week, with free delivery and 15% off each dish. Subscribers also gain access to exclusive gifts and perks, as well as early access to Pasta Evangelists events and classes.