“Rich, gooey and reminiscent of a chocolate fondant, hot chocolate is an indulgent affair in Italy, a far cry from the milky drink you find here in the UK. This is my nonna’s classic cioccolata calda recipe with panna (meaning ‘cream’), but I have made it totally vegan by using Coconut Collaborative chocolate pots and a plant-based whipping cream” - Head Chef Roberta D'Elia
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Calories: 234kcal per serving
- 90g (2 pots) Coconut Collaborative Chocolate
- 100ml of hazelnut milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 4 drops of orange essence or orange liqueur
- Plant-based whipping cream
- ½ tsp of fresh cinnamon, star anise or cocoa powder to serve
- Heat all the ingredients in a small pan over a low heat, stirring frequently until the chocolate pots have melted. Take care to keep the heat gentle or you will lose the delicate orange aroma.
- Divide the hot chocolate between two cups (we recommend little espresso cups or small water glasses!) and top with the vegan whipping cream.
- To finish off, add a sprinkling of cocoa powder and serve with a cinnamon stick or star anise for a little spice.
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.