Nothing says summer like a fresh pasta dish, served up al fresco with a crisp glass of wine, and we’ve got the perfect recipe for these balmy evenings! With our delicious bigoli in salsa, Italian for sauce, you can enjoy an authentic taste of Italy in your own kitchen, and, what’s more, it’s super easy to prepare! Anchovies take centre stage in this tasty concoction and we like to garnish with some freshly chopped parsley to finish the dish.
Make our Bigoli in Salsa Recipe
Prep Time: 40 mins
Calories per serving: 330kcal
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- Half glass (about 50ml) white wine
- 350g fresh bigoli pasta
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions until translucent, for 5-10 mins.
- Whilst the onions fry, cook the bigoli in a pan of generously salted boiling water for 2 minutes less than advised on the packet instructions (probably 6-7 mins).
- Pour the wine in with your onions and add a tablespoon or two of water. Reduce the liquid by three quarters.
- Add the anchovies to the pan with the wine and onions and stir until they dissolve.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to the frying pan, cook for a minute more. Toss gently to coat each strand in the anchovies and onions. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.