Courgette and prawns, or zucchini and gamberi, as they are known in Italia, are an iconic culinary combination. When courgettes are in season, throughout the summer months, they are one of the most versatile vegetables and we love to incorporate them into our favourite seasonal pasta recipes. This particular linguine dish is super quick to prepare and is truly delicious, it is also one of our head chef Roberta’s favourite things to make at this time of year! Why not give it a try?
Make Our Linguine with Prawns, Courgette & Saffron
Prep Time: 15 mins
Calories per serving: 398kcal
- 350g fresh linguine (try making your own fresh linguine using our egg pasta dough recipe & guide)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 1 courgette, sliced thinly
- 300g prawns
- 0.125g saffron
- 50ml white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season and serve
- Pinch of salt, to season
- Parmigiano Reggiano, a sprinkling to serve
- Finely dice the shallot and thinly slice your courgette.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add your shallot. Fry for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the courgette to the pan and cook for a few more minutes, until it begins to brown. Add a little salt and pepper to season.
- Prepare your prawns if necessary and then add them to the pan with the shallots and the courgette. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan and stir it through and then allow it to reduce. Meanwhile, dissolve the saffron in a spoonful of hot water.
- Whilst the wine evaporates, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Salt it generously and cook your linguine as per the instructions on the packet, until al dente, or for 2 minutes if it’s freshly made.
- When you drain the pasta, reserve a little of the cooking water.
- When the wine has evaporated, add the saffron to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Finally, transfer the linguine and a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to the frying pan. Toss gently to ensure that each strand becomes coated in the sauce. Cook for one minute further and then serve with a sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.