Nothing says summer like fresh seafood pasta served up with your favourite aperitivo, and we can’t get enough of this crab & chilli linguine recipe. A cold glass of Soave - a wonderful Italian white wine - in hand, and a bowl of this tasty dish is the key to a perfect evening. Be spirited away to the beautiful Amalfi coast with this bold and zesty seafood sauce. This delicious recipe is also super simple to throw together, so why not give it a try this summer.
Our Crab & Chilli Linguine Recipe
Prep time: 30 mins
Calories per serving: 419kcal
- 350g fresh linguine pasta (make your own following our recipe and video guide)
- 200g white crab meat, cut into small pieces
- 1 large fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 200g fresh vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkling fresh samphire, rinsed and lightly fried in extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. When hot, reduce the heat a little and add the chilli and garlic, be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and the crab meat to the pan with the chilli and garlic, put a drop more olive oil in the pan if required, and stir everything together. Cook over a low heat for a few minutes.
- Whilst the sauce cooks, bring a large pan of water to the boil and salt it generously. Cook your fresh linguine in the water for about two minutes (or for a minute less than instructed on the packet if you’re using shop-bought pasta) - it will finish cooking in the sauce. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Drain the cooked linguine, reserving a few tablespoons of the pasta water, and transfer to the pan with the sauce. Add a little of the pasta water to help create a thick sauce and thoroughly toss everything together until all of the strands of pasta are coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of lightly fried samphire. Serve immediately, buon appetito!