If you’re searching for the perfect dinner party show-stopper pudding, then look no further. Roberta’s zingy, summery take on the classic Italian tiramisù is a crowd-pleaser if ever there was one! This creamy dolce, complete with limoncello-soaked sponge and a generous dollop of lemon curd, is deliciously citrusy - an indulgent nod to the Amalfi coast where vibrant, waxy lemons grow in abundance.
Make Our Summer Tiramisù
Prep Time: 30 mins (not including chill time)
Calories per serving: 450kcal
- 250ml limoncello (Italian lemon liqueur)
- 250ml water
- 65g golden caster sugar
- 150ml lemon Juice
- 200g sponge fingers (approximately 40)
- 300ml double cream
- 65g icing sugar
- 450g mascarpone cheese
- 280g lemon curd, plus a little extra for the top
- Sprinkling cocoa powder, to serve
- In a pan, mix the limoncello, water, sugar and lemon juice over a medium high heat until boiling. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring often, until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, beat the cream with an electric whisk until it begins to thicken and then slowly add the icing sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mascarpone and the lemon curd, ensuring there is some curd left to top your tiramisù.
- Pour the syrup into a shallow dish, and dip each of the sponge fingers into the mixture, allowing them to soak up the liquid.
- Next, layer half of the sponge fingers into a large glass serving dish, or cut them into pieces and line the bottom of your serving jars/ ramekins.
- On top of the first sponge layer, spread about half of the mascarpone and curd mixture.
- Top with a layer of the cream and sugar and sprinkle over a little cocoa powder if you wish. Then repeat the layers - sponge fingers, mascarpone, cream - to use up each of the components.
- Finish with a drizzle of the extra lemon curd and sprinkle over a small amount of cocoa powder. Garnish with a sprig of mint if serving in individual portions.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before serving. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.