In the long summer months the region of Puglia - Roberta’s homeland, located in the South of Italy - transforms into a picture-perfect paradise. The turquoise ocean glistens under the warm Mediterranean sun and local market stalls are piled up to bursting point with delicious, freshly-grown produce. With fruit and veg in abundance, the stars of this show are undoubtedly the vibrant, vermillion-coloured tomatoes that grow throughout the region. Roberta’s childhood was spent plucking these ripe, juicy fruits surreptitiously from their vines at every opportunity, and she still derives pure delight from scoffing these rosy morsels. Our sun-dried tomato salad, served with fresh feta cheese, is therefore a favourite recipe at Pasta Evangelists and we hope you’ll love it as much as Roberta…
Make Roberta’s Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 15 mins
Calories per serving: 984kcal
- 350g short pasta
- 1-2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 450g vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 100g pitted black olives, halved
- 450g feta cheese, diced
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1tsp flaked sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- Bring a large pan of generously salted water to the boil and cook your pasta as per the packet instructions, removing it a minute or so before the cooking time is complete if you prefer your pasta al dente.
- Drain the pasta and allow it to cool down, coat it with a little olive oil to prevent it from sticking together or drying out.
- Meanwhile, combine your tomatoes, olives, feta and sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, mix together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bottle or jar and shake thoroughly to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Transfer the cooled pasta to the bowl of olives, feta and tomatoes. Drizzle over your dressing and toss everything together to coat the pasta.
- Finish with a sprinkling of Parmesan and fresh basil leaves to serve. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.