We've found that our pasta salads make a delicious and nutritious lunchtime meal that fills you up, providing energy to tackle the afternoon ahead. Eating a balanced lunch helps to keep your metabolism functioning at its best level and this recipe - packed with good carbs including pasta and sweet potato (patata dolce in Italian) - offers precisely that. Sweet potato is also full of fibre, vitamins and antioxidants so this tasty salad recipe has health benefits in abundance. We serve our roasted sweet potato with fusilli, though you can swap in any short pasta that you fancy, and we top with spicy harissa paste and a delicious yoghurt dressing.
Make our Tasty Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 45 mins
Calories per serving: 551kcal
- 350g fusilli pasta (or any short pasta you happen to have in)
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into small pieces
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200ml greek yoghurt
- 1tsp cumin
- 2tbsp fresh parsley (plus a little more to garnish)
- 4tbsp harissa paste (adjust depending on how spicy you’d like your salad to be)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan). Chop your sweet potato into small cubes and place on a baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss the sweet potato to ensure each piece is evenly coated. Peel your garlic cloves and place them whole on the tray with the potato or crush them over the potato for a more intense flavour.
- Roast the sweet potato for about 30 minutes, until nice and soft, removing from the oven after 15 minutes to turn the pieces over and prevent sticking. When the sweet potato is cooked, allow it to cool a little before serving.
- Whilst the potato roasts, cook the fusilli in a pan of boiling, salted water, as per the packet instructions. When cooked, drain the pasta and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Combine the greek yoghurt, cumin and parsley in a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste. When the pasta and sweet potato have cooled, transfer to the yoghurt and toss together to mix thoroughly.
- Spoon on the harissa paste and stir through. Sprinkle over some fresh parsley leaves to garnish and serve chilled. Buon appetito!
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.