Four cheese pasta is truly incredible, if not a bit decadent. As you’ll discover, this sauce is incredibly easy to make. We’ve selected gorgonzola, mozzarella, Fontina and Parmigiano Reggiano as our four cheeses for this sauce. However, feel free to select your four favourite cheeses! Just be sure that they’ll melt well and that their individual flavours will compliment each other.
For your pasta, select your favourite shape. As this is a creamy sauce, it’s sure to coat whatever pasta you choose pair with it. You could even try gnocchi for a very creamy and decadent dish. Check out our guide on making your own gnocchi at home. Finally, we like to top with an extra freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano - e buon appetito!
Our four cheese pasta recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes (excluding pasta)
Cooking Time: 19 minutes
Calories per serving: 987kcal (including pasta)
- 660g fresh pasta of your choosing (for fresh egg pasta dough, see our fresh pasta recipe)
- 125ml double cream
- 100g gorgonzola
- 100g mozzarella
- 100g Fontina
- 100g Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more to serve
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare your pasta of choice, following our simple fresh pasta recipe.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut the cheeses into small pieces and set aside.
- Gently heat the double cream in a saucepan and add the pieces of cheese.
- Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring to help the cheese melt into the cream. Season with salt and pepper and take off the heat.
- Salt the water generously and cook your pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the cheese sauce along with a splash of pasta cooking water. Toss vigorously until the sauce coats the pasta.
- Plate and serve immediately, topping with extra freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.
Want even more pasta perks? Join our Pasta Club for free delivery and 15% off each dish. Pasta Club members also gain access to exclusive gifts and perks, as well as early access to Pasta Evangelists events and classes. Learn more about our pasta club today.