What could capture the essence of Italy - or as we know it, the italianità - more than an Espresso Martini? The conclusion we’ve reached; not a lot. Whilst this caffeine-imbued delight is not strictly a Martini in its truest form, as it doesn’t include Vermouth (Turin’s iconic fortified wine which forms the base of the original Martini cocktail), it is impossible to deny that the spirit of Italy is prevalent in every drop of this delicious drink. It's hard not to feel supremely sophisticated whilst sitting at a bar taking a measured sip from a tall glass, filled precariously close to the rim with this rich, espresso-infused substance. With this simple recipe, we can help you bring the glamour of a Saturday night spent out on the town to your own Italianesque soirée. Impress your guests with this elegant cocktail and be transported to the stylish bars of Venice and Milan.
Our Espresso Martini Cocktail RecipeServes 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 65ml Vodka
- 75ml Coffee liqueur (Kahlúa or Tia Maria)
- 75ml Freshly brewed espresso
- Coffee beans to garnish
- Add the vodka, coffee liqueur and the espresso to a cocktail shaker - or any tightly lidded container - with a few ice cubes and shake vigorously (if your espresso is still hot that’s fine as it will give your drink a nice creamy head)
- When the ingredients are well-combined and nicely chilled, pour through a strainer (to remove the ice) into two Martini glasses
- Garnish each drink with 3 coffee beans to serve
At Pasta Evangelists, we bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen. Prepared using the freshest ingredients, our gourmet pasta dishes are perfect for those looking to enjoy restaurant-quality meals, delivered to your door, and ready in under five minutes. Order from our weekly menu today, and we’ll offer you 25% off your first delivery - simply enter the code BLOG25 at checkout.
Want even more pasta perks? Join our Pasta Club for free delivery and 15% off each dish. Pasta Club members also gain access to exclusive gifts and perks, as well as early access to Pasta Evangelists events and classes. Learn more about our pasta club today.