Date: Saturday 21st November 2020
Location: Zoom Video
When Italians speak of ‘’Veneto’’, they are not speaking of the city of Venice, but rather one of Italy’s twenty regions, to which the city of Venice belongs. Indeed, Venetian cuisine is the sum of all the region’s stunning towns, cities and villages. Explore this rich culinary powerhouse with our taste of Veneto masterclass, where you’ll make classic pasta dishes from the region, such as maltagliati and bigoli, the latter particularly favoured by Venetian natives, as one half of the regional speciality, bigoli in salsa.
What’s included in this class?
- A fresh pasta masterclass with our Head Sfoglina Roberta, a Puglian native who learned how to make pasta with her nonna when she was eight years old (no machine or specialist tools required)
- Learn how to make two traditional dishes hailing from Veneto: maltagliati and bigoli
- Discover the secrets of Venetian food philosophy, direct from an Italian chef
- Learn how to use onions and anchovies to create the classic 'bigoli in salsa' sauce
- Enjoy a virtual supper club with your new friends at the end of the class (optional!)
How it works: You will require access to Zoom video calling and a webcam. The day before the event you will be sent a Zoom link via email. If you have not received your Zoom link, please contact email@example.com.
Roberta will send details of the tools, recipe and necessary ingredients 48hrs before the class date.
Please note that, in order to preserve the intimacy of the event, we can welcome 1 person per ticket purchased to the digital event. We will have a maximum of 12 guests per digital event.
We highly recommend booking your tickets in advance. For any other questions regarding the event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.