Tagliatelle are a flat pasta, whose official width and thickness as stated by the Bolognese Chamber of Commerce are 6mm x 1mm. Legend states that tagliatelle were invented on the night of Annibale II Bentivoglio’s wedding to Lucrezia from the house of Este in 1487, by Lucrezia’s talented chef, after seeing her ribbon-like hairstyle. However, there is much speculation as to if this was actually true or a joke made up by humourist Augusto Majani in 1931.
Alongside this classic pasta shape, we’ve looked to Campania’s coastline to inspire this incredibly fresh, summer-evoking sauce. Indeed, the Amalfi Coast, or, rather, Amalfitan Coast (a portmanteau of both Amalfi and Positano), is renowned for its lemons. These special limone are exquisitely fragrant, oversized and grow munificently along the sun-kissed coastline of Amalfi. With such perfumed abundance, locals take pleasure in preparing plates of pasta al limone, which denotes pasta dressed in a light sauce infused with local lemons and their zest. As you prepare this special dish, pour yourself a cold glass of white wine and allow the lemon aroma to carry you all the way to the Amalfi Coast - wherever you are..
Note: Please consume or freeze our pasta and sauces within 2 days of delivery.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, put the sauce in a pan and add 1tbsp (15ml) of the boiling pasta cooking water. Take care to ensure you squeeze all the sauce from the pouch. Gently heat until steaming and then turn off the heat.
- Lift the pasta out of the water and transfer to the sauce. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle over the Italian cheese. Serve immediately. Buon appetito!
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semola, WHEAT Flour, EGG, Natural Flavouring, Rice Flour
Double Cream (MILK), Butter (MILK), Lemon Juice (8%), Vegetarian Hard Cheese (MILK)), Salt, Microbial Rennet), Lemon Zest (1%), Salt, Black Pepper
MILK, Salt, Rennet (Microbial Coagulant), EGG Lysozyme
Calories per serving: 986kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 1349kJ
- Calories 323kcal
- Fat 19.0g
- Of which saturates 11.0g
- Carbohydrates 29.9g
- Of which sugars 1.8g
- Protein 8.3g
- Salt 0.5g
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.