Nothing says summer like smoked salmon served up with grilled, seasonal vegetables, and that’s exactly what we’re bringing to you in this glorious pasta salad. Aubergine and sweet Calabrian peppers are slowly roasted together with fresh garlic and semi-dried tomatoes, taking on a delicious flavour which shines through in this dish. Our smoked salmon is a nod to Italy’s eastern Adriatic coast, where freshwater salmon inhabit the rivers and waterways that wind their way to the sea.
The pièce de résistance, or pezzo forte, of this delightful recipe is our fresh tarragon mayonnaise. We borrow this combination of ingredients from the French, where tarragon is one of the finest herbs, selected by esteemed chefs for use in all manner of dishes. The slightly tangy top notes of tarragon and its bittersweet impression make it a delicious addition to our mayonnaise and the perfect accompaniment to the smoked salmon component in this recipe.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and drizzle the drained pasta with olive oil and allow the pasta to cool. If you don’t have any olive oil, simply add a tablespoon of water to keep the pasta moist.
- Whilst the pasta cools, mix the grilled vegetables with the tarragon mayonnaise.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add the pasta to the bowl with the vegetables and mayonnaise and combine thoroughly.
- Add the smoked salmon and serve immediately.
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semolina, Water, Rice Flour
Aubergine, Bell Pepper, Semi Dried Tomatoes (Tomatoes, Sunflower Oil, Wine Vinegar, Parsley, Mint, Garlic, Salt. Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid, Antioxidant: Ascorbic Acid), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper
Rapeseed Oil, Water, Free Range EGG, Spirit Vinegar, Salt, Sugar, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Antioxidant (Calcium Disodium EDTA), Flavourings, Paprika Extract, Tarragon
Salmon (Origin: Scotland) (FISH), Sugar, Salt, Oak Smoke
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 964kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 1253kJ
- Calories 301kcal
- Fat 17.2g
- Of which saturates 1.6g
- Carbohydrates 27.7g
- Of which sugars 3.8g
- Protein 8.4g
- Salt 0.28g