Designed for enthusiastic pasta purist in your life, this private masterclass will give two guests the opportunity to This class will go beyond the basics, and teach keen foodies on how to grasp the traditional filled pasta techniques that have been used throughout the centuries in Italy.
Who is hosting? Your masterclass will be led by Roberta d’Elia, Head Chef at Pasta Evangelists. Roberta specialises in pasta fatto a mano (pasta made by hand) and will teach artisan techniques and ancient traditions which have been passed down in Italy through the centuries. Roberta hails from Puglia, in the Italian South, where she learned how to cut, roll and twist by hand using traditional tools with her nonna as a little girl.
AT-HOME PASTA TRAINING - What's Included?
- A live online pasta masterclass where up to two attendees can learn how to make pasta fresca from scratch with a private pasta chef
- Two six-piece pasta making kits, complete with specialist pasta flour, and all the tools that will be needed to make fresh pasta during the session. This will be sent directly to the purchaser, so you can then gift it to a loved one alongside an e-gift card or email with the details of the class upon booking, which can be printed off and included as part of the gift alongside the gift.
- In-depth hands-on pasta training: harness the crucial techniques for mastering fresh pasta at home by hand, understanding how the Italian culinary principals of simplicity, provenance, and craft play into the pasta making tradition.
- Learn how to perfect Italian pasta sauces/garnishes & fillings so you can recreate one of our signature Pasta Evangelists dishes at home, time and time again.
- A list of required ingredients. We assume guests will have a few basics on hand like eggs, olive oil, butter and sea salt but we will send out a reminder of what additional ingredients you'll need before the class so that you're prepared.
- Recipes for all dishes (via email, sent after the class)
How it Works
- Book - Search our selection of classes & dates then simply pay online. If you need to change dates, you can email or chef on Roberta@pastaevangelists.com.
- Gift - The pasta making kits will be posted to the purchaser upon booking. An e-gift card including the recipe, shopping list and class details will be emailed to the purchaser, which they will then be able to pass on to the recipient.
- The day before class - The purchaser will be sent a Chef’s Welcome email including Zoom log-in details and class check list which they should pass onto the recipient. If you would prefer us to do this on your behalf then please let us know. If you have not received your Zoom link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preparing for class - All the gift recipients will require are their pasta making kits, their list of additional ingredients, a kitchen and access to Zoom video calling and a webcam.
- Cook - Happy Pasta Making!