A single mouthful of this vibrant, tomato-filled dish will transport you to the sun-kissed islands that linger off the southern coast of Italy. Sicily and Sardinia, though separated by miles of ocean, are both gastronomic epicentres in their own right. The sun-dried tomatoes, which form a delightful base for this pesto, are grown in Sicily where they are carefully harvested and dried beneath the Mediterranean sun. A lesser known treasure that is found on this beautiful island is the humble almond, or mandorla, as they are called in the vernacular. We’ve combined these delicious nuts with our sun-dried tomatoes to create a smooth, velvety pesto, which pays homage to its Sicilian heritage.
Served with fresh malloreddus from Sardinia, which resemble small pieces of gnocchi, earning them the fond nickname gnocchetti sardi, this vibrant, plant-based dish brings to life two jewels of the Mediterranean.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, put the pesto in a large bowl. Take care to ensure you squeeze all the sauce from the pouch. Add 2 tbsp (30ml) of the boiling cooking water to the pesto and mix together.
- Lift the pasta out of the water and transfer to the pesto. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle over the almond flakes and fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately. Buon appetito!
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semolina, Water, Rice Flour
Semi Dried Tomatoes (75%), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Almonds (NUTS), Fresh Basil, Salt
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 776kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 1235kJ
- Calories 296kcal
- Fat 8.4g
- Of which saturates 1.0g
- Carbohydrates 44.3g
- Of which sugars 8.9g
- Protein 10.2g
- Salt 0.2g