The city of Venice is one defined by its heritage - from the grand Byzantine architecture that rises from the landscape, to its labyrinthine canals and waterways. A direct path to the Adriatic Sea, echoes of the Ottoman Empire ring throughout the city. Venice’s Middle Eastern heritage endures in its modern cuisine, too: spices like cinnamon, saffron, and nutmeg are commonplace in Venetian cooking.
The Venice Carnival is one of the most famous carnivals in the world lasting throughout the last ten days of February. It is an occasion where both tourists and locals alike, celebrate in full masquerade attire in La Serenissima – a longstanding nickname for Venice meaning ‘most serene’. Historically, Venice was a prominent European centre-point for maritime trade, thus its 'serenity' is often attributed to the wealth, prosperity and most importantly, peace this trade brought with it.
The fanciful tradition of wearing masks began during the 13th century, although during that time the period of celebration lasted for months over the winter period, as opposed to days. The masqueraded balls and parties became primarily a chance for those from all social backgrounds to gather and indulge in an abundance of festivities together without the fear of reproach. Some of these masks are veritable works of art with imaginative and mysterious designs, decked in feathers, rhinestones, lace and any other whimsical decorations you can think of!
So, come and join us to celebrate this extravagant occasion as the Prosecco bubbles flow (without limit might we add!) and soak up the extraordinary Venetian atmosphere! Chef Roberta encourages you to dress the part and Venetian masks will be provided for a truly Carnevale experience.
During the class Chef Roberta will teach a classic Venetian dish accompanied by cicchetti, (meaning savoury snacks or antipasti in the Venetian dialect.)
- A very special Venetian masterclass where you will learn to make a classic Venetian dish
- Aperitivo with Roberta and your new classmates on arrival and complimentary cicchetti (Venetian small bites)
- Unlimited Prosecco throughout the class
- Linen apron and beechwood pasta tools will be provided to use in the class
Location: Central London location to be confirmed, 6pm - 8pm
Refund and cancellation policy:
- Our classes are non refundable but you may request to transfer to another class up to 14 days before the start of the course. Your transfer will be valid for one month.
- We require a minimum of 4 participants per class and reserve the right to cancel the class due to insufficient enrolment or if the chef needs to postpone due to an unforeseen occurrence. We will, at your convenience, transfer you onto another course; if this option does not suit, you will receive a full refund. In this case, you will be informed 24 hours before the class.
Please note this in-person pasta experience is only suitable for guest aged 18 and over. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to discuss any dietary requirements, please note that not all dietary requirements can be accommodated due to the nature of the class.