For this wonderfully summery dish we’ve taken our inspiration from across the Mediterranean sea, turning to the sun-kissed island of Cyprus. Here, goats and sheep roam freely through the country’s mountainous interior, shading themselves from the heat of the day under the leafy cedar trees that adorn the landscape. Halloumi cheese, a pivotal ingredient in this dish and a Cypriot delicacy, is made from a blend of goat’s and sheep’s milk and we pair this tangy cheese with creamy ricotta - a nod to Sicily - to create a delightfully decadent filling for our ravioloni. The pairing with mint adds a fresh, invigorating flourish to our dish and leaves a lingering taste of summer on the palate which is complemented by our zesty lemon butter. Finish with a scattering of toasted pine nuts to complete the Mediterranean reverie.
Note: Please consume or freeze our pasta and sauces within 2 days of delivery.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for around 3 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, put the butter in a pan, cover with a lid and heat until steaming. Once steaming, turn off the heat.
- At this stage, if you so desire, you can toast the pine nuts in a third pan over a low heat, until fragrant and slightly browned.
- Lift the pasta out of the water and transfer to the butter. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle over the toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately. Buon appetito!
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Pasta (Durum WHEAT Semolina, WHEAT Flour “00”, Spinach Powder), Filling (Halloumi Cheese (Pasteurised Blend of Cow's, Goat's & Sheep's MILK, Salt, Non-Animal Rennet, Mint), Ricotta Cheese (Cow’s MILK Whey, MILK, Salt, Acidity Regulator: Lactic Acid), Peas, Grana Padano Cheese (Cow’s MILK, Rennet, Salt, Preservative: EGG Lysozyme), Pasteurised EGG, Mint, Black Pepper), Rice Flour
Butter (MILK), Lemon Peel
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 809kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 1486kJ
- Calories 357kcal
- Fat 24.2g
- Of which saturates 13.4g
- Carbohydrates 20.4g
- Of which sugars 2.7g
- Protein 14.5g
- Salt 1g