The zucca violina, known to those in the UK as the butternut squash, is a delicacy enjoyed across Italy when it’s in season. These golden-skinned marrows with their bright orange centres are traditionally grown in the Pianura Padana, or the Po River Valley, which spans parts of Piemonte, Lombardia and Veneto, amongst other northern Italian regions. This sweet tasting squash has a soft, moist texture and a delicious nutty flavour which shines through in our fresh fusilli salad.
The sweetness of our butternut squash is counterbalanced in this recipe by the spicy kick of the chilli sauce - a nod to the south of Italy - which complements it beautifully. This salad is tied together with a creamy yoghurt dressing and is the perfect dish to enjoy on these long, summer evenings.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 3 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the starchy cooking water from the pan.
- Drizzle the drained pasta with olive oil and allow the pasta to cool. If you don’t have any olive oil, simply add a tablespoon of water to keep the pasta moist.
- Whilst the pasta cools, mix the butternut squash with the yoghurt and the starchy cooking water you reserved.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add the pasta to the bowl with the yoghurt and squash and combine thoroughly.
- Drizzle over the chilli sauce and serve immediately.
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semolina, Water, Rice Flour
Squash (85%), Onion, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic
Greek Style Yoghurt (MILK, Cream (MILK), MILK Solids (MILK), Bio Dairy Cultures), Parsley, Cumin, Cornflour, Salt, Pepper
Tomato, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cider Vinegar (SULPHITES), Chilli, Salt, Pepper
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 783kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 778kJ
- Calories 186kcal
- Fat 6.8g
- Of which saturates 1.6g
- Carbohydrates 25.9g
- Of which sugars 2.8g
- Protein 5.4g
- Salt 0.3g