Gorgonzola is one of the most ancient varieties of blue-veined cheese in the world and originates, so legend has it, from the town of its namesake in the northern Italian region of Lombardia. Some claims even date the conception of this delicacy back to the late ninth century, making it older than Castello Sforzesco, another exceptional piece of Lombardian history. Situated on the Naviglio della Martesana, Gorgonzola is a beautiful town with remnants of its medieval history still evident in small, tucked-away streets which are almost entirely conceded to pedestrians and certainly worth a wander.
To provide a gentle complement to the tangy richness of our Gorgonzola sauce, our chefs have chosen fresh strands of pici. Sit back and savour the blue ripples in this creamy, cheesy sauce and let us transport you to an evening spent gazing along the moonlit canal in the historic Italian town which inspired this dish.
Note: Please consume or freeze our pasta and sauces within 2 days of delivery.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 4-7 minutes, checking the pasta from time to time until it reaches your preferred softness (we like it 'al dente', with a bit of a bite). Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, put the sauce in a pan and add 1tbsp (15ml) of the boiling pasta cooking water. Take care to ensure you squeeze all the sauce from the pouch. Gently heat until steaming and then turn off the heat.
- Once cooked, transfer the pasta to the sauce. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle over the cheese. Serve immediately. Buon appetito!
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semolina, Water, Rice Flour
Water, Gorgonzola (MILK, Salt, Rennet, Moulds) (30%), Mascarpone (Cream (MILK), Citric Acid), Vegetarian Italian Grated Cheese (MILK, Rennet (Microbial Coagulant), Salt)
MILK, Salt, Rennet (Microbial Coagulant), EGG Lysozyme
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 607kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 743kJ
- Calories 179kcal
- Fat 7.8g
- Of which saturates 4.5g
- Carbohydrates 23.3g
- Of which sugars 5.2g
- Protein 3.2g
- Salt 1.2g