"Rigatoni" comes from the Italian word "rigare", meaning to score lines or mark lines into something, and this pasta is traditionally associated with southern and central Italy. Rigatoni are big tubes of pasta that are ridged on the outside and smooth inside. These ridges are cleverly designed to help the pasta get a grip on the sauce, whilst the large insides allow golden morsels of our salty pancetta to nestle within the tubes.
The carbonara sauce we pair our rigatoni with is thought to have its name derived from when charcoal burners used to cook the dish over campfires. In true Pasta Evangelists style, we’ve taken this classic, comforting dish to new heights, presenting a gloriously creamy carbonara in which our wonderfully chewy morsels of fresh rigatoni pasta sop up this luxuriant sauce. Made with pancetta, known for its deep, salty intensity, our carbonara sauce also contains eggs, a drop of cream, freshly ground black pepper and decadent aged Italian cheese. Allow yourself to be transported to Roma by this classic dish with a distinctively premium twist.
Note: Please consume or freeze our pasta and sauces within 2 days of delivery.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 3 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, pan-fry the pancetta on a medium-high heat. Once crispy, turn the heat to very low and take the pan off the heat. Allow the pan to rest for 1-2 minutes before returning to the heat & adding the sauce. Take care to ensure you squeeze all the sauce from the pouch. Once added, return to the heat and warm through over the low heat. When the sauce is steaming, turn off the heat.
- Lift the pasta out of the water and transfer to the sauce. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle over the Italian cheese. Serve immediately. Buon appetito!
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semola, WHEAT Flour, EGG, Rice Flour
Single Cream (MILK), Grana Padano Cheese (MILK, Salt, Rennet, EGG Lysozyme), EGG Yolk (17%), Water, Salt, Black Pepper, Turmeric
Pork (Origin: Italy) (97%), Salt, Dextrose, White Pepper, Flavouring, Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate, Preservatives: Potassium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite
MILK, Salt, Rennet (Microbial Coagulant), EGG Lysozyme
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 933kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 1088kJ
- Calories 261kcal
- Fat 11.5g
- Of which saturates 5.4g
- Carbohydrates 28.7g
- Of which sugars 2.1g
- Protein 10.5g
- Salt 1.3g
Find this week's recipe cards, complete with cooking methods, in our handy Recipes Archive .