Now very much a favourite amongst the Pasta Evangelists community – and something of a signature dish – this hedonistic Roman classic is thought to have its name derived from when charcoal burners were used to cook the dish over campfires. In true Pasta Evangelists style, we’ve added our own twist to this classic, comforting dish, presenting a gloriously creamy carbonara with tangles of fresh bucatini – in our opinion bigger and better than spaghetti – which sop up this luxuriant sauce. Bucatini are widely enjoyed throughout Lazio, the region that is home to Rome, but particularly in the capital.
Although not entirely traditional, we use pancetta in our carbonara sauce because it imparts a deep, salty intensity that pairs with the richness of the egg yolk and cream. We finish our carbonara with freshly ground black pepper and generous shavings of Italian cheese. The wonderfully golden hue of our sauce is the product of the quality egg yolks we source for our Carbonara. Be transported to the ‘Eternal City’ by this classic dish with a distinctively premium twist.
Note: Please consume or freeze our pasta and sauces within 2 days of delivery.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, pan-fry the pancetta on a medium-high heat. Once crispy, transfer the pasta to the pan and toss gently to mix with the pancetta, cook for 1 further minute.
- Take the pan off the hob, allow it to rest for 1 minute and then add the sauce along with 2tbsp (30ml) of the boiling pasta cooking water. Turn the heat back on and warm through for a few seconds until the pasta and sauce are steaming.
- Sprinkle over the cheese. Serve immediately. Buon appetito!
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semola, WHEAT Flour, EGG, Rice Flour
Single Cream (MILK), Grana Padano Cheese (MILK, Salt, Rennet, EGG Lysozyme), EGG Yolk (17%), Water, Salt, Black Pepper, Turmeric
Pork (Origin: Italy) (97%), Salt, Dextrose, White Pepper, Flavouring, Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate, Preservatives: Potassium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite
MILK, Salt, Rennet (Microbial Coagulant), EGG Lysozyme
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 933kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 1088kJ
- Calories 261kcal
- Fat 11.5g
- Of which saturates 5.4g
- Carbohydrates 28.7g
- Of which sugars 2.1g
- Protein 10.5g
- Salt 1.3g