Calamarata are thick rings of pasta, often said to resemble squid, or calamaro, in their appearance. We serve these fresh pasta pieces with delicious chunks of roasted parsnip, cooked with a delicious infusion of fresh chives and harissa paste, made with spicy red chillies from Calabria. The heat of the chillies perfectly complements the mellow sweetness of our roasted parsnips, adding a delicious kick to this summer salad.
We garnish with a drizzle of fresh tahini dressing, a nod to the culinary influences of the eastern Mediterranean that have seeped into southern Italian cooking. Packed with sesame seeds, tahini has powerful immune-boosting properties and is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, the perfect way to round off this wonderfully tasty recipe.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- Whilst the pasta cools, mix the bag of parsnips with the tahini dressing in a large bowl. Wash the mint under cold running water.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the starchy cooking water from the pan. Add this starchy water to the bowl with the parsnips and tahini and stir through.
- Add the pasta to the bowl with the tahini and parsnips and combine thoroughly.
- Add the fresh mint and serve immediately.
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semolina, Water, Rice Flour
Parsnip, Harissa (Paprika, Chilli, Sunflower Oil, Garlic, Salt, Mixed Spices, Rose Petals, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Chive, SESAME Seeds, Salt, Pepper
Tahini (SESAME), Soy Sauce (SOYA Beans, Salt, WHEAT Flour, Salt), Maple Syrup, Rice Vinegar, Water
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 760kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 857kJ
- Calories 205kcal
- Fat 6.3g
- Of which saturates 0.9g
- Carbohydrates 30.5g
- Of which sugars 4.0g
- Protein 6.4g
- Salt 0.5g