To celebrate the transition from spring into summer, we’re delighted to introduce you to calamarata, one of our favourite specialty pasta shapes from Naples. Calamarata is a ring-shaped pasta known for its resemblance to calamari (or, in a less elegant interpretation, Hula Hoops!) Thanks to its rustic thickness and grainy mouthfeel, calamarata is the perfect pairing for our new pasta salad sauce, a velvety-smooth blend of Sicilian aubergines and Greek yoghurt.
We give our salad that distinctive summer feel by roasting our aubergines whole until they are full of flavour, while their flesh stays buttery and tender enough to melt into our tangy yoghurt dressing. We finish our calamarata with a sprinkling of fresh, locally-grown mint to create a dish that truly tastes like that wonderful moment in the British calendar: the cusp of summer.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Salt the water (around ½tbsp per litre).
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the starchy cooking water from the pan.
- Drizzle the drained pasta with olive oil and allow the pasta to cool. If you don’t have any olive oil, simply add a tablespoon of water to keep the pasta moist.
- Whilst the pasta cools, mix the aubergines and the greek yoghurt in a large bowl, along with the 2tbsp starchy water from cooking the pasta.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add the pasta to the bowl with the yoghurt and aubergines and combine thoroughly.
- Add the fresh mint and serve immediately.
Allergens in BOLD & CAPITALISED:
Durum WHEAT Semolina, Water, Rice Flour
Aubergine, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Capers, Fresh Mint, Salt, Black Pepper, Chilli
Greek Yoghurt (Pasteurised Cow's MILK, Live Yoghurt Cultures)
In addition to the recipe-specific allergen information provided, Pasta Evangelists handles all 14 allergens prescribed in legislation. Whilst we have implemented and maintain safety practices and take all reasonable precautions to prevent cross-contamination, we cannot guarantee that our products will not contain traces of these allergens.
Calories per serving: 756kcal
Following nutritional information is per 100g:
- Energy 887kJ
- Calories 213kcal
- Fat 8.3g
- Of which saturates 1.8g
- Carbohydrates 28.1g
- Of which sugars 2.5g
- Protein 6.3g
- Salt 0.3g